Monday 20 June 2011

on the edge of the solstice


The last few nights have been so bright, without a cloud in the sky.  The moon is waning gibbous meaning it is growing smaller, but because of the tilt of the earth it still appears quite large.




One really feels this longest day/shortest night of the year.  The Solstice literally means the sun stands still. This is the turning point when  the days begin to shorten again and the nights to lengthen, in the northern hemisphere that is.  In the southern hemisphere, of course, it is the opposite.

Traditionally, the waning moon can be used for banishing and rejecting those things that influence us in a negative way.  Negative emotions, diseases, ailments, and bad habits can all be let go. Today the moon is in Aquarius which means we tend to take refuge in thoughts or a philosophy of an ideal world...




detail of  Queen of Hearts mixed media

Now please don't be shy.  Today until midnight your time is the last chance to leave your comment and automaticly be entered to win this mixed media piece that you can see in its entirety on my May 3lst post  (2 posts down)  as a celebratory gift in honour of my first anniversary blogging.   I love to hear from my viewers anyway, but please make the most of this opportunity and give us both a thrill!


 
I continue to work on my latest piece allowing it to evolve intuitively.


I have no title for it yet as the story is still unfolding but I think it is taking on an Oriental feeling in the old sense of the word which is anything east of Constantinople ie. India, Turkey, even Russia.





Working these little stitches is such a joy for me.


With thoughts of an ideal world, I wish you peace.


0 comments:

Post a Comment