Friday 25 August 2017

last friday in august


Friday from my little part of the world.

Nothing much has changed, though Wally is working like crazy organizing cars for the flight squadrons, crew and support staff who are performing at the air show in Greenwood this weekend.
Wally has free tickets but I won't join him as it truly is his thing and not mine.

a crystal and beach stones on a window sill

Muji watches me take the picture.

Then it's off to the front porch to check the mail. Yes, we still get home delivery here. Sweet.

The lilies are spent in the lily garden but the mallow keeps blooming.

Muji has been waiting for me to come in 
and then he hears Babu clunking around in the kitchen.
Could he be cleaning up?

Muji was once an outdoor cat and the world outside continues to hold great fascination for him.
He continues trying to make The Great Escape through the bathroom closet, kitchen cupboards and the basement door. Some things never change. 

This is where I left off this morning at the kitchen table.
My ancient box of Eagle Prismacolor coloured pencils is getting a good workout these days.
The Jane Davenport set lays to the left. It is also useful for its unusual colours.
I don't usually use a mechanical pencil but I've bee working on a sketch of Botticelli's Venus and finding this fine graphite easier to work with, easier to rub out with that school grade eraser that has worked amazingly well for me on the cheap paper of my little sketchbook.

a bunny sketch in Derwent Black pencil with that marvelous "light green" Prismacolor that fairly glows in the background

and that picture I showed you as a work in progress 2 days ago, now complete.
Done in coloured pencils with some fine Pitt pen outlining.
I played with a similar fantasy background in the fox picture I showed you earlier this week.
It's a fun way to fill in the background but this time I had to subdue it with sepia pencil because it competed with my main characters- hence the extra outlining as well to help bring the characters forward. I have no purpose in having them petition the cat with open bags. I call it Collecting.

The weekend is upon us. So is cooler weather. I hope yours is pleasantly spent.

in peace and presence my friends




2 comments:

Jeanne-Sylvie said...

Good evening my dear Lorraine! I spent a nice moment reading your blogposts and admiring your photos. how much i love visiting your world wich brings me so much comfort and solace.Thank you for sharing all this my dear friend. Talk to you soon in a letter, be well dear one.

Enchanted Blue Planet said...

Always delighted by your visits Jeanne-Sylvie.
Soon....
x

Post a Comment