Wednesday 13 October 2010

autumn is late afternoon

It's always later than I think;   I always hope to post sooner, but the clock keeps ticking.
 " the best laid plans of mice and men gang oft astray..."  and suddenly the leaves are off the trees!
I caught myself calling out  "No, no, no!" at one point as I ran for my camera to catch the leaves falling in great masses to the ground, as if they all agreed to " JUMP NOW".

As I compiled these following pictures from the mass I photographed, I thought about how the seasons seem to have their time of day.  For me, autumn is always about late afternoon.



 There's something about the light, the golden light...




And the irresistably pungent smell of fallen leaves. 
 Here the baby bracken rise again from the summer mown lawn.




Vermillion blackberry leaves against a bright carpet of moss.



It's not just a shot of red and yellow leaves but a million colours if you only stop and look.



Or maybe a billion!



It's the season that makes our vinyl Barbie doll box of a house look romantic and inviting.



How I already miss it.

And so, except for stacking some more firewood and raking leaves, I will be sequestered more and more indoors.  The reprieve from the rain and cold is over.  Ah , bittersweet autumn.

 I will show you a picture of the doll I have been working on and another surprise in my next entry.



Wishing you the sweetness without the bitter, and gratitude for a zillion blessings.



0 comments:

Post a Comment