Friday 7 February 2014

muji is ours


It's been about a week now since my birthday.

I'm so grateful to be remembered by those of you who knew.
 
It was 2 months ago today that we first saw Babu at the age of 5 months at the local SPCA.
Now we know why the young volunteer giggled when we asked what he was like.
Here he is in a double-jointed sprawl, cooling after 5 hours of play.
 
 At the time of adoption, I said to Wally,
 "That's my Christmas present and birthday present for the next 10 years"
 
We got Muji, our 2 year old foster cat at the same time.
He was the cat I originally wanted 3 weeks earlier, but he couldn't be released til he had been operated on for various injuries.  I was thrilled to be given the honour to foster him, thinking the $5000 fundraiser would put him out of my reach.
 
The icing on the proverbial birthday cake came when we officially adopted Muji yesterday.
I don't think I've ever liked a cat more than my Prince Muji unless it was my sister's kitten Baron.
(Yes, I know I should have cleaned his eyes before taking the picture,
 but with animals, you just go with the moment.)
I couldn't be happier
 
(unless, that is, there was world peace and we all learned to live together in harmony and kindness, not only to each other, but to ourselves; just a small wish)
 
 
In the meantime, here is a picture I've been meaning to share with you.
 
My new studio, the size of a walk-in closet, but so much more suited to me.
All I'm missing is my filing cabinet and a sink, which will be easily accessible in another room.
For now, this will more than suffice. I am grateful. So grateful.
 
 

1 comments:

barbara@sparrowavenue said...

lovely flowers cats and new space (a far cry from the vastness of the other).
looks like you have great light too

Post a Comment