Friday 13 June 2014

Granville Ferry and Peggy's Cove


It's been a busy time here as I prepared for company.. I missed a lot of great shots, distracted with my job as tour guide on the first day. But the second day in Annapolis Royal, I had my trusty camera at hand. Here are a few favourites.

The town of Granville Ferry across the Annapolis River from the historic town of Annapolis Royal.

a Granville Ferry Victorian

The garden of a little house I fantasized about buying when it was for sale 2 years ago.

I love the white garden of irises and a rose tree

Outside of Annapolis Royal we stopped for the view of the Annapolis River from the Annapolis Royal Generating Station dam where it harnesses the action of the tides to create electricity.

A view of the turbulent water directly below

The endless display of eddies, swirls and gushes 

One gets the impression that it is we who are moving.


This idyllic vignette lays right beside the gushing torrent.

A few days later we were back at Peggy's Cove, 2 months to the day we were there with my sister. 

My photographs are more personal this time. I was fascinated by the wrack, a type of seaweed that grows in the harbour

It is oddly mesmerizing in its underwater mystery

And here I fell for another tourist shot. A few old boats lay rotting about the cove for this very purpose.

And so ends this batch of holiday pictures. The extended spring continues here. I am most grateful for the reprieve from the intense summer heat that comes to the Annapolis Valley where we live. 
It is a kindness. I am on the lookout for such kindnesses. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment