Monday 30 June 2014

june flower fairies

The last day of June. How odd that it should come and go, like every moment, so quickly. The only way to savour it is to be intentionally present.

The summer heat has finally struck. It will be a good day to stay in. This kind of heat is like a blizzard to me. The best excuse to ensconce myself in the studio and make something new.

I cut around some old flower paintings for want of any direction and calmed myself with this focused activity. They lay on the table overnight and the next morning, as I turned them about, I saw the inherent dresses they made...

and glued and drew

very dancey

a red tulip

and then I turned the forget-me-not around and so liked its abstract form that I glued it face down
and drew the bunny above



Consider creating as an act of giving and you will see that you can give in many ways.
Consider giving as an act of creating, and you will see that you can create in so many ways.

2 comments:

Kooky Makes said...

As with everything you do dear friend these pieces are beautiful, enchanting and surprising. Your thoughtful words give so much meaning to all you create too.

Enchanted Blue Planet said...

Ah, Kooky..so sweet to "hear" from you.
Thank you dear.

Post a Comment