Thursday 8 January 2015

keeping cozy

Good Morning. It's so cold here. Sunny, cold and brighter for the snow.

a mixed media page in my sketchbook
The words by Joseph Campbell in the upper left corner say:
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek
 
This picture came together on Monday and Tuesday of this week,
but I drew the elephant's head quite a few years back and the quote was copied in September.
It seemed an innocuous page on which to draw the little girl with the chicken so that I might play with some watercolour, but one thing led to another.
Then came the woman in the chair, the elephant's body and eventually the oak leaves.
Lots of layers of watercolour and coloured pencils, and eventually the Christmas napkin.\
I fiddled and played, adding paint pen gouache and building layers with each medium.
The oak leaf faces and the heart's words came near the end; I don't exactly remember where I stopped.
 
have a lovely, cozy day
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment