Wednesday 5 October 2011

a stolen holiday to Killbear Provincial Park


Yesterday was supposed to be yardwork day.  The weather was perfect,  not too hot,  not too cold.  But my Wally stole me away for one last chance to go to a favourite provincial park of his, about 40 minutes northwest of Parry Sound on Georgian Bay,  before the park would be closed for the season.   It was such a super day,  I just had to share it with you.




This wonderful landmark is just west of Rosseau.
The drive took almost 2 hours,  the same amount of time to go to Toronto, but a world of difference.



From the very beginning I could see the magic that Wally sees in this wonderful place.



Harold's Point.  






On top of the point.




And on the other side of Harold's Point.



Wally in his glory.



I left Wally framing a shot with the camera with just enough time for me to hide in this shallow natural ditch,  flat against the warm rock.   How I laughed as he walked right past me wondering where I could have got to,  how I could  have fallen in the water without making a splash. 



Bless his heart, it didn't take him long to forgive me.



The breeze was cool,  but the rock emanated the warmth of the sun.



Fourteen shots later, this was the best picture I could get of one of 3 loons that called to each other as they swam by,  fishing as they went.



We headed off to explore more of the park and find a nice spot for a picnic.
This lovely doe posed for me right beside the road.   Her fawn just beyond had already lost its spots.


I have more images to show you, even more spectacular than these  (if I do say so myself).  Please join me tomorrow for the second lap of our daytrip.

 peace on earth








2 comments:

mamabeaks said...

thanks for sharing.......... what a beautiful place to be with someone you love.

Enchanted Blue Planet said...

Hope you got a feeling for this wild place. I always enjoy such experiences more when there is someone there to share it with, but there was certainly another relationship going on- with the camera!

Post a Comment