Monday 18 December 2017

random early winter snippets


Well, what do you know, I found some more November pictures on my camera.

Towards the end of the month, a blazing sunset.
If I had my car, I'd get myself to a better location than this view over our street, power lines and a cell tower, not to mention trees and branches blocking its radiance. This is the view out the kitchen window.

The next day Wally and I gave ourselves a holiday and hit the road.
I've regretted not recording the amazing carving up of this forest to make a cloverleaf access from the main highway to shopping in New Minas, our big box shopping area "for the Valley", that has lost so many of its businesses since this project was planned ten years ago making a mockery of "the horse designed by committee".

Our destination (yes again) Ikea for lunch. We can't really afford eating out, both financially and healthwise, but a late lunch at Ikea with most of the cafeteria to ourselves, was a rare treat. Could Wally look any happier with his "Naughty Meal".

Mine was barely healthier with its sauces and sugar and salt, etc. I opted for poached salmon with "vegetable patties" (mostly potato I think) and an appetizer for dessert: gravlax- more salmon.

I came home with a bad back that lasted for 2 weeks. I don't remember what would have caused it.
As usual Babu wanted to play. He has demanded I play with him after breakfast every day for a while now, but boy, it was hard to unbend myself. Still, it was good for me to get out of my chair.
I'm pretty much healed now with a little bit of stiffness.

One of our many first snows. I kept getting a chance to re-experience the magic.

Wally strung me out a heart in Christmas lights on the cabin doors.
I will try to get a photo with them on.

And a parting shot, as I have regrets about not having any new artwork of my own to show you.
I treated myself to this little collection of Patrick Mok's fantasy work several years ago.
Handmade out of stoneware clay, Patrick is an older man now, living in Toronto. Once a cartoonist, he changed his medium to clay. With an elfin sweetness about him,I wish I had got to know him better. Here is a link to a gallery that carries his work to get a closer look.
(Oh yes, that's the first picture ever taken of Wally and me. We were picking raspberries with friends at the house we since sold, in Bracebridge.) 

Now I will tell you a not so secret secret. This is post 94. (You can see that in the sidebar.) Because of all the posts I made this summer, these are the most posts I've made in a year since starting this blog. That is so cool for me who can get so discouraged at times by the lack of response and the crazy amount of "Bot" hits (automated views) that have made a mockery of my statistics. But I have made new friends through this blog, and that pleases me more than I can say.

The year is quickly winding down, but with 6 more posts, I can reach 100 altogether. With a little more time on my hands, I am aiming for that. So, once again, thank you dear viewers for dropping in and allowing me to share my little part of the universe with you.

peace dear ones



2 comments:

Bill and dogs said...

Interesting post. I loved the tea pots and the sunset picture. I've always tried to avoid power lines and tree branches, but I now think they add depth and interest to photos. Maybe in the future I won't try so hard to keep them out of photos. I don't think I'm getting Bot hits (at least I hope not) but my views are down. I recently discovered that my stat counter often (but not always) counts 3 hits for one visit because I was showing 3 posts per page. I dropped it to 2 posts per page to help make up for it, but that dropped my views per day a little lower.

Enchanted Blue Planet said...

Thank you dear Bill for your appreciation and observations. I must say your sunrise/sunset pictures are the BEST!!
My bot business has calmed down from hundreds of hits a day to just, for instance, 75 pageviews from Italy and 42 from the United States this week. Often this year my bot hits were in the hundreds from Russia, the United States and Canada on a daily basis with other countries coming in not far below . I appealed, at one point, to the powers that be but nothing seemed to come of it. There does seem to be a block, however, of suspicious comments and/or sites to keep me from linking and further contaminating my statistics by encouraging them. Kind of like telemarketing, I've learned to stop caring.

Post a Comment