Thursday 9 May 2013

where I'm meant to be


Forecast to be rainy for the next few days, I decided to catch some last shots of the lovely spring late afternoon yesterday:

The clouds came rolling in like great whales
 
There was a bit of a tussle over getting this beautifully weathered chair.
While it's true it may never be "fixed" I love it for its simple lines and character.
 
A regiment of garlic stands guard over a parade of radishes and spinach.
 
Rhubarb, a perennial, here for who-knows-how-long, is one of the many spring gifts our new home has given us.
 
Our neighbours have a giant fruit tree they said was cherry, but I don't know...
 
Whatever it is, it is GLORIOUS!!!
 
And here is the result of my efforts last evening: the primed mermaid cut-outs that will make up the pages of my mermaid circus book.
 
The online class I've been taking with Jane Davenport and Teesha Moore is filled with some very talented people, enough to intimidate one. Then there's my third yoga class I took today; now there's a group of strong women!  In the midst of all this power and talent, I console myself with the words my father said to me many many years ago when I wanted to quit my first year of college:
 
Sometimes we go to learn things other than what we went to learn.
 
Well, ain't that the truth.  Always, it seems, I come back to the same old problem of wrestling with my ego. It is a battle worth fighting, but here's the irony: you don't fight it, you release it. Just making it conscious is all that's necessary, and there's the rub: staying conscious.
 
in this moment
where I'm meant
to be

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment