Wednesday 8 May 2013

Maytime playtime

Yes, I know. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I last posted. Spring has a way of escalating everything. And it's on the move here in Nova Scotia, which has surprised and delighted us as it was much colder here a year ago when we came out to scout this area for a new home.

Now I know I shouldn't be taking photos in the glaring afternoon sun, but I thought that if I don't do it now, another week could easily go by between one thing and another.
So here, in all its glory is Wally's handmade composter made from shipping palettes, complete with lovely black hinges for a door to shovel it out, a hinged lid to discourage racoons, and a divider for varying stages of decomposition. We will be careful to only put in organic waste as our herbs are planted right beside.


On the back deck, our annuals and vegetable seedlings stayed out last night for the first time.
I found the rustic shelving unit curbside on large item dump day.
(couldn't believe somebody would want the old Harvest Gold dishwasher that we put out at the curb last week, but it was gone a few days later)


stripey petunias awaiting their move to some hanging baskets
 
lovely trumpet flowers on this amazing hanging vine which I will photograph better later
 
darling Pulsatilla have a place in my heart
 for the tincture I once took made of some part of the plant worked like a miracle
Flower remedies: check them out
 
And finally a peek at the mermaidcircus book, a handmade art journal that I've been working on for the online class I've been taking
 
Spring. The magnolias are in full bloom as are the rhododendrons. Tulips and daffodils and hyacinth. I have started taking a yoga class and find I'm barely keeping up, but that's ok because at least I'm going!  Our teacher encourages us to do a de-tox. I think about it when I'm eating chocolate.
 I do believe it's important however, and thought I might pass it on to those of  you who'd appreciate her wisdom. Dandelion salad, nettle soup, burdock root tea; there are so many tasty ways to be kind to oneself.  (I'm hoping that writing it down will spur me on :)  )
 
There are all kinds of ways   
to be kind to ourselves.
 
 
 


2 comments:

Deborah Darling said...

How Lovely to find your wonderful world, have a beautiful day xXx

Enchanted Blue Planet said...

And how lovely to have you in my garden, Deborah.

Post a Comment