Monday 19 May 2014

ebb and flow of life

How stunning the graceful lines of this potted tulip

prettier and prettier

as it flattens in its quest for sunlight

barely recognizable as a tulip

preparing to float away from its grasp

morphed into an exquisite otherness

as I so often feel... another "start" after a long hiatus
with a little pep talk to myself.

1. I started with the old reproduction of the chairs 
2. Then I pencilled in the lady and inked the final outline.
3. colouring her in with pink and violet ink pens, with some black and white paint pens
4.That swirly thing in the upper right is a pressed on decal
5. slowly blacked in the background with paint pen on top and black and white china marker below
6. Starting from the top, the print is done in white paint pen, then white china marker, then metallic gold pen,the bottom printing done in purple Prismacolor with some black paint pen overlay
7. Finally some violet and white Prismacolor over the chairs with some dabs of white paint pen.

I have to say I was very pleased with the results. The overall feel is a little busier than I would have liked, but the main thing is I did something after so long. I think it's been since getting the cats (early December). 

staying present with the ebb and flow of life
and forgiving

0 comments:

Post a Comment