Monday 8 May 2017

spring weekend


 Monday in May. And what a beautiful day it is, considering this rainy weekend past.

It gave us an opportunity to work indoors

Friday evening started off with such good intentions
as Wally and I unloaded the bookcases to rearrange the living room
Muji suddenly decided it was time to help us out.

The little bit of rain brought us a lovely rainbow

Always a treat, we each make sure to call the other to witness this wonderful phenomenon

Saturday night, however, was dreadful as hurricane force winds beat about the house and robbed us of sleep making us somewhat useless on Sunday.

The raven has been a daily visitor

morning and night

He\she browses through the old hay 

searching for grubs that hide out of the midday sun

a magnificent bird


Our little corner of the world is not too much worse for wear on Sunday morning,
though our composter was blown apart

Wally moves his tomato seedlings out from behind the old window

His perennials seem to be doing fine

and then, what do you know! A double rainbow! after another shower

Last night, as always, Babu jumped into my lap for his evening cuddle

He's such a sweet boy

But, Boy! How he hates posing for his picture

You'd think something awful was about to happen

I shouldn't find this so funny...

I had hoped to have something artsy to show you. Instead I have a whack of pictures from my tour around the garden this morning. I will save them for later as my posts can be overly long.
Perhaps by then I'll have done a little something in the studio...

sweet times to you





4 comments:

Jeanne-Sylvie said...

I love the serenity that emanates from your pictures, the landscape is especially peaceful , perhaps the "spring effect" with the soft green of the young foliages. Your first picture makes me think of a perfect still life and it's a lovely idea to take a picture of you and Babu .
There are so many beautiful moments in our simple lives, it would be a pity not to share them. Thank you my dear, be well in your beautiful part of the world.

Jeanne-Sylvie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanne-Sylvie said...

I don't know how but i posted twice the same comment. But it's a good thing because i forgot to tell you how superb your pictures with the rainbows are. i am always fascinated by them and always excited when i can see one, so, a double one, what a treat!!

Enchanted Blue Planet said...

Thank you dear Jeanne-Sylvie! It is so gratifying that my pictures have meaning for you. For me, there is always a surprise out the window and when there isn't, there is Babu!

Post a Comment