Thursday 10 December 2015

the wall of illusion


Strange times.
These are strange times.

Balance is key.
Harmony is another word for it.
We must live in harmony-
 with ourselves first.

We are so lucky to live this miracle.

my boys wake from their nap to explore their world.
 
Muji with his pretty pink ears backlit
 
Babu spied a blue jay outside. I missed getting a picture of it.
But I got this cool shot of Babu, regardless of my camera strap
 
Do you remember my post from last time? Here is the painting I suggested may morph before I'm done with it, and so it has. Here, with a few changes, before and after.
 
and larger
I added some pattern in white pencil crayon to the background with yet another light wash over it, light being the operative word as the wax in the pencil crayon only barely resists the watery paint.
I calmed the hair down and added a wash through her dress and more on the floor as well.

 and here is another smaller piece 4"x 5" with a large bonnet.

and another, this time, more of a portrait.
 

Now I will leave you with the words of Rumi, the transcendent 13th-century Persian poet, jurist, Islamic scholar, theologian, and Sufi mystic who said:
 
“Why struggle to open a door between us when the whole wall is an illusion?” 
 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment